Firstly, i want to thank John Cope for sponsoring the event, as its a very fun class and i love the pro tree

Now , my HONEST concerns.

Imo, the rules have been changed for the worst, and i say this with no ill feelings, as no matter how i do, i am always going to be back at work on Monday mornings to pay my bills and help support my racing hobby.I have won enough 10 flat events that i dont question my skills when the cars are forced to have the same rules applied to everybody in the class(box, weight, etc)

My feeling is that the table is way skewed with there being delay boxes allowed, and not having weight rules.

I went 040 when i went out Saturday, and frankly, i dont think too many people in a 3350 pound car without a box are going to be too much better than that. I could care less if a car can run 7.50's in the 1/4 , they still have to go 10 flat. But the disparity in weight in this class is, imo, frankly a joke.
It shouldnt be a secret to anybody that a 2400 pound car is going to react way quicker with a similar skill set driver than a 3000 pound plus car.Its going to 60 foot better, and react quicker. That is why any 10 flat or 9 flat type events i am aware of always have weight limits,(no delay boxes allowed in the cars,etc)

Might this affect car count, sure. Would it be more fair to all who compete, sure it would. I honestly dont have all the answers to that.

Perhaps a 500 tree might negate the big advantage a lightweight car has to some degree.

Personally, i will still race in it, at Norwalk, as its the only chance to ty a 400 tree we have at these events.

Do i think the rules need revamped...yes, without any doubt.

Is this sour grapes, i hope its not taken that way, as it isnt meant to be.

Last edited by B3422W5; 07/20/09 12:25 PM.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17