Another thing i think that changed was in qualifing, several years ago at Norwalk i had one time trial in 10 flat(i honestly dont remember if all there was was one shot or if there was 2 and i had car problems. I went 9.98 on the brakes in the only qualifing shot i has, and wasnt allowed to compete because i was under 10 flat.
Now, several guys that i know of had both passes well under 10 flat and they still raced at 131...i have no problem with that, just wish stuff would remain a constant, and not change.

Anyhow, i have said my piece, i think it should be run on a 500 tree if you are going to let any door car run and allow delay boxes.
Having it any other way(in other words like it is now)is frankly a joke, and if my opinion rubs somebody the wrong way, it is what it is, and i am sorry for that.
But racing a 2400 pound chassis car with a delay box isnt fair, no matter how you cut it....and no, i aint changing my car to be like that.

I have raced for a long time, some good luck, more often bad luck, but the classic 10 flat shootout, as the rules currently are, is the only race i have ever been in where i know in my heart of hearts i have zero chance to win, because of the huge disparity of the cars.

Last edited by B3422W5; 07/21/09 03:43 PM.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17