Quote:

Taking the delay box out and going to .500 pro tree makes it unfair to the lite wt faster cars.

then does that not create a disadvantage to a car like mine who can in no way not go red on a .500 tree, I don't even think that a 33x10.50x15 tire on front would give me enough rollout to stay green. I ask, how is this a fair solution? A delay box would now allow me to go .00? on the tree just like every other car in the class right? So why do we still act like a bunch of schoolyard bullies. I can agree to thinking a .500 tree is acceptable if you all can stop crying that a delay box is an unfair advantage, when all the delay box does is add the rollout that your car has built into it.

Man, you are kidding right? I don't care what the rules are or what they are changed to, if changed at all. You've done very well in this class and I don't blame you for not wanting things changed, but........

"does that not create a disadvantage to a car like mine who can in no way not go red on a .500 tree"

NMCA Open Comp is run on a .500 tree - no delay box. There are plenty of light cars there that are faster than yours who run that class without red lighting.

"I can agree to thinking a .500 tree is acceptable if you all can stop crying that a delay box is an unfair advantage"

Did you really say that? The only reason a delay box wasn't an advantage on a .400 tree is because most high 9, low 10 second bracket cars couldn't possibly red light on that tree. ANY OTHER TIME you pit box cars against no box cars, the delay box guys gain a big advantage.

I'm just a neutral 3rd party here. It's been interesting reading some of the responses, but those arguments are just not realistic. Especially coming from someone with as much racing experience as you seem to have.

Last edited by nhramark; 07/22/09 11:19 PM.

[image]http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/nhramark1/library/Racing[/image] 9.100 @ 150 mph 5.780 @ 120 mph