Originally Posted by 8urvette
I would prefer to do it myself.

Took it for a test drive tonight. was running kinda weird, little stumble in first gear, not a lot of power till about 3k rpms.
Then it died on me. Just died rolling up to a stop light. Would not restart. Didn't hiccup, fart or couch. Just cranked.

I checked all the connections and fuses for the ignition. All good. I cranked it several more times over a few minutes. Nothing.
I decided it was a good time to watch good ol youtube. After a 10 minute video, i hit the key and it fired right up.

Ran better than it did earlier, no stumble, no hesitation. I just drove it home.

This happened the other night, except it just wouldn't start. I checked for spark then and had none. I messed with a connection for 12v. and then it started, i had assumed it was a bad connection, so i replaced it. I am now thinking this wasn't the issue it was purely coincidental.

It has fuel, and it has air, so it must be spark.

MSD 6AL and MSD coil. would the coil be most likely to heat up and cause an open? then cool down and work? or would the 6AL be more likely to do that?

Since i got it home everything works so i can't very well check it now. Just looking for a game plan.

Nobody has had an issue with their MSD cutting out while driving?