[quote=biff426]
Did you lower the engine in the chassis? I mocked a 400 up in my 66 Coronet with an Ultra bell and it was not going to fit without making the tunnel bigger. I couldn't lower the engine because of the oil pan and headers so I scrapped the idea and went with a 727 I just didn't want to get into that much work. I had a simialer situation with my 65 although the engine is further forward the firewall wasn;t so much the issue as the tunnel from there back. Again both were gen 3 hemi conversions and the pan and headers limited the amount I could lower the engine. Just curious what you did to get it to fit without cutting the tunnel up. Also I agree the 400 can be just as fast as a 727 expecially when you consider the gear ratio options with the 400. I had a 210 Rossler in the purple Challenger I bought from Steff that car would go crazy sometimes and that 210 Rossler really got it under control. Also for the nah sayers I tested with a 727 vs a 400 in that car..............the 400 was faster mainly because of gear ratio and the ability to control wheel speed vs the 2.47 low gear in the 727. I know the purests here will not like that but it is the truth.

[quote=n20mstr]

I use a motor plate, I really cant say why, but it fits my trans tunnel no problem.?? It is an A body not a B ,
I was surprised myself that it fit pretty well .
Im computer illiterate, so if anyone wants pics …..text me your cell and what you want to see, I can text pics..LOL
my number is 914 417 1312

Last edited by n20mstr; 04/10/20 12:13 PM.

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....