Originally Posted By hemicar1971

rickseeman what was the process like when you worked at KB and did they produce more than Hemi Blocks when you were there working.

When I was there most of the machine work was done before the blocks were brought to us. There were 3 of us. Dave West did the line bore, Tom Hynd did the cylinder hone and line hone and I did the rest. For those of you that don't understand the machining of blocks you can watch it on You Tube. It involves putting the block casting in a machine and pushing the start button. After an hour or so you take the block out and reposition it and push the start button again. Then after an hour or so you might take it out and put it in another machine and push the start button again. The block is now done. Then they send the block to us and we make it race ready. Don't get me wrong, if you are a start-up trying to do all this the cost/time/learning curve would be astronomical. But that isn't the case here. KB has been doing this same block for over 40 years and nothing has changed.

We only did Hemi blocks then.

Last edited by rickseeman; 01/31/18 04:58 PM.

2011 Drag Pak Challenger