From what I was told not every block was making the grade and the failure rate was to high when manufacturing began again. Do not know what the failure rate was before. Main caps were an issue also and this I believe has been solved in the last month. I think the biggest issue might of been KB itself being run as a 1960s company and needed to be upgraded or revamped. I was also told about 1 block a day can be cast and then it takes time to machine and add parts but once it is set up that is still one day for each block to be ready for shipping if everything is cast correctly and the cast block has no problems. You can not have employees sitting around doing nothing all day if there are block failures. So I look at it this way, the process of machining needs to be done out of house and the same goes for assembly. An outside source needs to be used that does some of the same work or has the capability to machine the rough blocks and assemble the blocks and this would be added work for a company that is set up for this kind of process. Ship this company a vast amount of blocks to be machined and assembled and have them with their own trained work force put them together with their set up to do machining and assembly. This company would then have the capability to move workers around to other work and the costs of doing it would stay stable.

rickseeman what was the process like when you worked at KB and did they produce more than Hemi Blocks when you were there working.

Also heard that the new company once on track with the Hemi Block is looking into doing the Chevy Block. Not sure if this is just a dream but I can see this happening because of the amount of racers that run Chevy equipment compared to Mopars. If there is an interest in that block it would help finance everything to keep running in the future.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY