Cudaman, Keith Black was basically finished. Everything with that Business had come to a stand still, foundry, machining on and on. The guys involved had to rebuild Keith Black from the ground up, had to get everyone back on board like the foundry. Since no blocks were produced for a very long time it has taken longer than normal to get everyone back on board and up grade to modern manufacturing and business practices.

The blocks are starting to show up now. Saw a few new KBs today at Bannings. He said it is taking much longer that was expected and there are a lot of people wanting the blocks and also the people that had bought from KB and laid their money down, looks like they will receive their blocks also. As for inventory of blocks laying around in a warehouse, I do not see that happening for a while. Tim told me if I want a block I better get my name in for one or it will be next year because of the demand and all the other things like filling old orders and new orders.

Now the KB is one good looking block and from what I have seen could take all that you can build into it. Indy block from what I know from the guys that live near me are having trouble running 1400 HP without them coming apart. It looks like the new KB will be able to take that HP very easily and a lot more.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY