Originally Posted By camastomcat

The only reason I still have a Mopar in my dragster is because it's the last piece of unusual identity I have. The thing I struggle with is, Mopar hasn't done anything to support us in years. I like to turn on win lights, that's why I race. With a BBC in the car, I gain the knowledge, parts assortment, history of builds and recipes, to do exactly that. It's no more a BBC than a Mopar, it's just supported equipment, although I lose my Mopar identity. Big deal, again the reason I race is to turn on win lights. If all I wanted to do was T&T sessions, I would still run a 493 or something. If I am unable to qualify, I'm not in the show. It's that simple.

iagree
But,as far as turning on win lights, that has more to do with the total combination, the tune, the person turning the wrenches, and the driver. Like you said, there are just as many real Chevy parts as there are Mopar parts in any given build. It comes down to what you want to relate to. I, myself, am questioning the Mopar loyalty. My first professionally built motor had no availability for good intake manifolds. I waited 4 months for the Team G to come out. Almost used a SBC intake with adapters. When there are no more blocks available, then I will rethink my build directions.