My understanding is most if not all the old orders have blocks. When the new owners took over all the blocks were in various stages of completion with sleeves and main caps being the two biggest problems. The new owners ordered all the required sleeves and that part got done but getting main caps machined and installed became an obstacle. Particularly the #5 main cap. This is why all the blocks were put on a truck and sent to Michigan to get this last step done.

In my 33 years of Millwrighting at Allegheny Ludlum steel I watched this happen with my own eyes. You wouldn't believe how big our machine shop was and it was maned 24 hours a day. There wasn't a thing that we needed that those guys couldn't punch out well made and quickly done.
Behind the machine shop we had in house motor winders so if a motor burned out or replaced these guys could make it better than new. Not any more. No in house winders and our machine shop is about 1/8 th the size. Now they are at the mercy of others buying CRAP and waiting forever. Trade skills in the USA would take forever to build back up as Apprentice's learning on the job went out the window too.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time