Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Frankly, I'm glad I have no plans in the works where I'd need one of those blocks.

With the way things are in the high hp Mopar world these days, if I were looking for 1000hp...... I'd just build a BBC........ Where I could get a new American made Brodix tall deck Siamesed bore iron block with .903 lifter bores for $1995 from Jegs.
And with the money I had left over from not buying a KB block I'd be able to afford a set of assembled SR20 heads.

I couldn't agree more, Dewayne. I have a friend who owns a super nice Mopar roller that could utilize some serious horsepower. I suggested he put a Chevy engine in it and keep the hood down.

Just to be clear, all my cars are Mopars including one I have owned 46 years, one 43 and one 42. Nonetheless, 90% of the cars that come through my shop are Brand X. The reason they are more popular is widely debated. I have my thoughts, but that's not why I am here.

EV2Bird, I know nothing of the situation re: your two friends who have gotten neither blocks nor money. Here is what I do know: The block I posted the picture of earlier is mine. It was ordered a long time ago and I too never thought I would receive one. I can tell you that there are people working to make things right. What that will mean for your friends? I don't know. Have they talked to anyone who actually knows what is going on?

I have purposely avoided this thread because there seem to be a lot of people who have or had no skin in the game yet seem to know the score.

Everyone is entitled to his or her own INFORMED opinion. I would suggest that anyone who has a serious interest contact Todd and leave the internet experts to their keyboards.

As for Ken, I agree with your assessment of him and his actions. I spent much time on the phone with him until he stopped answering. I don't know who, if anyone on this thread has made excuses for him. I certainly won't. But that's water under the bridge; the new owners didn't have to do anything. And the conclusion I reached after extensive research I did more than a year ago was that Ken could have filed bankruptcy again and there would be no new owners to try to satisfy unfilled orders.

My post isn't intended to anger or pacify anyone. Someone had questioned if a Moparts member had received a block. The answer is yes. There is nothing more I can factually add, so I will leave it at that.