Originally Posted By EV2Bird
If big boy cant take it, maybe he should be home knitting slippers.

Diferent stroke for different folks, each time I dumped a crank out of my pull tractor or even when I popped my spray motor that melted my glasses, cooked my hair I just laugh it off as part of the game because thats all it is.

Its a semi scripted tv show and for that guy, yep I gotta laugh. Hell for all we know that motor was ready to pop and it just helps the ratings.

Next time maybe between all the smack talkin someone might pay a bit more attention.

Nothing about the racing or what happens is scripted. That motor was a brand new 5.0 bore space 765 with about 6 runs on it when that happened. You can't do it ALL on a car of that caliber.

Mike was new help........he was nervous and made a stupid mistake. After putting the race plugs in, he got sidetracked doing something else and forgot about the plugs.

People, even experienced ones make mistakes. At our last race of year with Buick, a guy that has been helping us for years cross threaded number 7 plug. He thought it was tight and it was only in about a thread. As soon as Chad dropped the button it blew number 7 plug out in the final. We lost the race, but were LUCKY all the fuel it was blowing out the hole on the headers didn't burn the car to the ground. I did check the wires before that run and we always fire in the pits to make sure we don't have a bad plug.......but things happen at times. If you check EVERYthing someone else does.......well you just can't do it all. I make ALL the tuning calls and look at ALL the data between runs. I can't do that AND double check what others do and neither can James

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 12/20/16 02:49 AM.