Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
I am not trying to bait anyone..I just don't see having a delay box as making anyone a great racer. It allows you to not go red on a given tree without having to make changes to the car itself. I ran bottom bulb stuff when I started like most everyone else did. I did fairly well and then moved what I considered up to electronics class. Did ok for the races I went to and decided to give .90 a try. As for the throttle stop stuff, well Billy you have been there. I would rather dial my car to a given ET from round to round than try and dial in a stop. You know as well as I do that most of the Super class racers, particularly the good ones are just flat good at driving the stripe. The biggest difference between Pro and Super Pro is the MOV. You can get away with mediocre lights and MOV's in Pro way more than you can is Super Pro. The cream will always rise to the top no mater the class. I don't know of anyone who cannot find the tree with both hands bottom bulbing who suddenly become Luke Bogacki by throwing in a delay box...

As for what spectators watch, well I think many here must not go to National events much. Once the fuel circus is over the stands are EMPTY. The don't even stay around from pro stock, let alone SS Stock Comp or those dreaded Super Classes. Its all about the 300mph circus and IMO the possibility of cars hitting things, or as I like to refer to it the NASCAR affect.
Second paragraph is sad but true. Those that leave miss some of the best racing, but they aren't real diehard drag racers / fans. Most need to go to a circus - or be in one.

Fastest 300