Well this BR thing has been a long topic of discussion for me and others on certain forums over here in UK. I’ve been trying to get some sort of affordable H-up racing going that is fair to the racers, and relies on your skill at tuning not the size of your wallet, and not just the no rules stuff that happens which is a farce with 10sec cars against 7 sec.
Racing in the UK is ALL Brackets and Index racing for sportsman racers, most here just build a car to what they want and then find a class to race it in, and of course they end up either an index or bracket class, its exciting to them I guess as there in it and doing it, as I did a long time ago.
But from a retired Drag Racer who sort of got back into it over the last 3yrs I’m now sitting in the stands and I gotta say it IS totally fall asleep time, and I know whats going on, so whats it like for the new spectator who doesn’t really get it....why did 1 car start after the other, or why did the car that crossed the line first lose, and why do a lot of cars start ok, then slow down, and pick up again?
We are obsessed with it here, for a short period we did have a Super Modified class, unfortunately when I wasn’t around, that was fair H-up racing with weight brakes and proper rules to equal the cars out, but it died as the cars got too fast for the rules.......all people keep saying is they cannot afford to go Pro-racing to run H-up.....and I keep telling them you don’t have to, but I just cannot get through to them that H-up first to cut the beam has to have some rules to equal the cars out otherwise its a waste of time, sportsman racers do not like rules here period, I’ve now given up with them and gone Pro-Mod racing with an old mate who’s got his new car out.

Last edited by rb446; 11/21/16 02:17 PM.

1969 'Cuda 446ci, best 9.96@133.9 in 1990
1971 340 'Cuda, best 11.01@122.8 in 1987