I think Al and Monte are just baiting people at this point. To say electronics do nothing to help you win race is ridiculous.

Electronics do not make a great driver great, they do however, make a good driver great, and an average driver good. They shrink the margin for error and make the racing closer, and tougher.

Many times I've seen great drivers return to no-e racing where their natural talents and honed skills give them a more pronounced edge against like competition.

The notion that index racing is not "Heads-up" is also ridiculous. Heads-up only refers to the tree, period. Whether you put "no-breakout" after it or not is what determines how the race is won at the stripe.

Comp Eliminator is "no-breakout" racing on a staggered tree, and no one refers to it as heads up.

I LOVE it when the OP says "From a racer's standpoint", and everyone immediately starts griping about watching the Super classes. If you want to talk about spectating, start a thread called "Racing you most like to watch!"

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines