Originally Posted By MoparBilly
I think Al and Monte are just baiting people at this point. To say electronics do nothing to help you win race is ridiculous.

Electronics do not make a great driver great, they do however, make a good driver great, and an average driver good. They shrink the margin for error and make the racing closer, and tougher.

Many times I've seen great drivers return to no-e racing where their natural talents and honed skills give them a more pronounced edge against like competition.

The notion that index racing is not "Heads-up" is also ridiculous. Heads-up only refers to the tree, period. Whether you put "no-breakout" after it or not is what determines how the race is won at the stripe.

Comp Eliminator is "no-breakout" racing on a staggered tree, and no one refers to it as heads up.

I LOVE it when the OP says "From a racer's standpoint", and everyone immediately starts griping about watching the Super classes. If you want to talk about spectating, start a thread called "Racing you most like to watch!"
Not baiting anybody. Buying all the latest and greatest gadgets does NOT win you any races. The driver still has to do it. Doesn't matter if the car in the other lane has every gizmo in the world. You cut a better light and run closer to your dial, you win. Is anybody arguing that point?........NO

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 11/22/16 01:40 AM.