Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Then move the wires another terminal position on the cap, or put a 90 degree fitting on the oil sender unit to relocate it...

Moving the wires another terminal will only throw everything off more. Repositioning the oil sending unit is really not any different than the vacuum advance pointing toward the passenger seat when it should be pointing toward the fender. Both look wrong. I'm thinking if I can put it to TDC or whatever plug I want to reference when I pull it then I can reposition the slot in the distributor gear to allow the distributor to be in the position I want it.

My question is to reposition the drive gear for the distributor do I simply put a flat screwdriver in the slot of the distributor drive gear and turn it to allow it to walk out of the mesh with the cam, then turn it to where I want the slot to be to allow the distributor to be in the position I want and then mesh it back in? This is what I'm not familiar with how it works. I've had people mention using a flat screwdriver to reposition things and allow to line up better but I'm not sure what it means exactly.

1970 EK2 T/A 727