Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By f2502011

Can I just pull the distributor rotate housing to where I want it then reinstall with the rotor in the same place?

NO...the dist on the SmBlk or BB installs 0 or 180 degrees only based on the dist/cam gear, your problem with the advance houseing having interference can happen even with the install of a hi rise manifold

In layman's terms what you need to do is put #1 cylinder at TDC, confirm the current rotor position is under the #1 terminal on the cap, or close to it, then loosen the dist. and rotate the housing/advance diaphragm where you would like it to be for proper clearance to rotate the dist back/forth to establish timing, once you have the dist housing where you desire, then see under what terminal on the dist cap the rotor tip is pointing to, this is now your #1 cylinder plug wire, move all the corresponding wires clockwise/counter clockwise on the dist cap depending on what NEW dist wire terminal is closest to the rotor tip to establish a new firing order location on the cap, attempt to start the motor, you may have to rotate/time the dist by ear until you can establish an idle while attempting to start the engine, DO GET RID OF THE BALLAST, check to see if your coil your using is of the recommended OHM/turn ratio rating for the Ignitior I system your using

Mike

Could I alternatively rotate the distributor clockwise the distance needed to get to the next terminal then move the wires clockwise over one place? It really needs to rotate clockwise about the distance from one plug to the next so it doesn't hit the sending unit.

1970 EK2 T/A 727