Originally Posted By f2502011
Originally Posted By DAYCLONA

The Ignitor I and II HallCell modules/magnets have an adjustable air gap, only the Ignitor III adjusts the Dwell (gap) electronically, the gap is .030, find anything other than metal (plastic, paper,etc,etc)that is non conductive or magnetic to gap the Dwell angle

This kit doesn't really have any adjustment potential that I see unless I start machining things. It has two small round holes that just fit over the small posts used to help locate the condenser and a round hole for the screw. The holes aren't slotted to allow for movement. I've seen the 0.03 gap listed in multiple places for different kits, but for this one it's like it is made to only go in as is. Maybe that's why it didn't come with the plastic gaping tool included with other kits?

Is this kit for the Prestolite dual point dist?, if it is, then there is no adjustment feature for the HallCell, I just hope you indexed the magnet pick up ring properly before seating it fully on the dist lobe (usually an issue with this kit), the only play there should be with the magnet pick up ring is what end play the actual shaft of the dist has, if the magnet can rock/shift about on the base dist lobe, then it's either damaged or not installed properly, otherwise your good to go, be sure to check/re-time the ignition

Mike