Quote:

Monte
Do you have any brand shock preference you would recommend for a double adj. rear shock on ladder bar car.
Thanks Tom

I get this question all the time and it is a hard one to answer. If you have a 7 sec door car and a 12 sec door car, your shock needs are different. But if you just order a DA shock from Jegs, Summit, whoever, you will get the same shock for both cars.

I see guys say Strange all the time, and they DO make a good shock, but their standard shock, has too soft of valving in it for higher HP cars, yet may be perfect for some. And the same goes for about any other mainstream shock company. You order a generic shock, you GET a generic shock. As with any other parts, you need what YOU need. The best way to get that might be custom. You need to talk with the actual shock company and get a shock YOU NEED. Will this route cost you more........maybe, unless they feel their "shelf" shock will fit your needs.

Now, as to what shocks I use. I generally use Santhuffs, but they ain't cheap. Now does every car out there need $1500 worth of shocks on both ends........No, but you do need a decent shock..............So, my answer to your question, about what shock I suggest..........it depends. But the companies I feel make a GOOD shock, provided you get the right one....probably Strange and Afco are on top of my list. Obviously I am leaving out the more "expensive" shocks like Santhuff, Lamb, Penske, Koni, JRI, etc. but these will ALL be made for your car and are considered custom shocks.

Monte