Quote:

hey monte, Never heard this before. i love sound advise.So bear with me. i thought the front end was suppose to lift up with as little resistance. and come down hard on the shock? i have New QA1's all around,single adjustment. car runs 10.0's comes up maybe 6"at most. which is good for drag racing. i thought i'd be on the back bumper when i launch! not so. thanks

Not EVERY car needs to instantly stretch the shock when the car leaves. The point here is buy a GOOD shock. If you need it loose, it can be loose, if you need it tight, it can be tight. When I mention the test above, notice I said adjust your shock "full tight" and do the test. But that doesn't mean you can't loosen the shock up if it needs to be.

Now lets look at something else. Your car is going to snatch the front way harder than you can hit it with a floor jack, so if your shock can't pass the test, when you leave it is likely headed straight to limiter and or topping out shock........which immediately stops weight transfer at THAT point.

Even a low powered car that needs a LOT of pitch rotation, still needs shock control. You don't want it to hammer the stops or top of the shock

Monte