Quote:

I believe that ALL E-body steel cores had the provisions for the side speakers, and that it was just a matter of cutting the foam to match the provision. Am I correct? Thanks again. Don't know what I'd do without this site.

No, the one speaker frames must be modified for the three speaker system. Just like the A/C vents, if it did not have that accessory, it did not have the holes. I had both cores and I sent the three speaker one as a core for rebuilding to Ultimate. I just wanted the single speaker and that is what I got back. I still have the original core and I think I will sell it this year as it is only taking up space. It is an A/C one, though.
I went through a group buy to Ultimate so I had an intermediary battle their poor customer service. I am very happy with the result but I had been living with the old cracked pad for 30 years so any improvement would have been appreciated.
Craig

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, 73 Cuda
Previous mopars: 62 Valiant, 65 Fury III, 68 Fury III, 72 Satellite, 74 Satellite, 89 Acclaim, 98 Caravan, 2003 Durango
Only previous Non-Mopar: Schwinn Tornado