Quote:

Im not here to scare anybody.

But I believe the above requested info isnt enough to figure out anybodys rocker geometry.

IMO, one would also need to know the relationship between the "Roller tip and the Rockers body", along with the variable pushrod side of that Rocker.

As in, at a 90* angle to the valve is the roller center in the rocker body parrallel with the shafts center or is it offset up or down from that center.

Without knowing that, IMO, A absolute Geometry cant be figured out. Would I be correct??

Also, is absolute geometry really needed, for most purposes Im going to assume the rocker manufactures have it really close to begin with.

No doubt IMO, a really tight sweep of the roller tip is a good indicater of good geometry.

Sport440 you asked me to share this info on another thread. I can determine the relationships with the info I asked for, with one exception. I neglected to specify net valve lift since solid cams have lash. It will make a slight difference.

As far as the rocker companies go, they aren't even close in many cases. They will take a SB Chevy rocker design, size it to fit a Mopar shaft, and voila!, a Mopar rocker arm. I have seen adjuster angles off by as much as ten degrees, which is where the geometry is built into a rocker. The roller tip changes geometry, but the fact that it is there is what causes the problem. They can locate it anywhere, but as long as it sits on top of the valve it is going to act like a longer valve is in the head. .500" roller = .250" longer valve. That can only be corrected by raising the rocker shaft unless the valve lift is so high that it allows full rocker sweep. Not gonna happen with stock spring installed heights.

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.