Quote:

I thought he had an excellent product and the price was reasonable.

I spoke with Mike recently as I know my geometry is much less than optimal. The kit looks very nice and the price was very reasonable I thought. The formula is part of the service he is offering for this fee. You take some measurements, send him the numbers, and he uses it to figure out how he needs to machine this shim/spacer/whatever you want to call it so that it will move your rocker shaft to the correct location. If he gave the formula away its all that much easier for an off-shore company to just start making them in a one size fits all kit and will get most people close enough, undercut his price by 50 bucks, and then you'll all be on here complaining that nothing is made in the USA, and that Mike was offering a good service custom making these kits for only 50 bucks more but got ran out of town by the dreaded outsourcers.

Additionally theres been a few threads relating to this topic recently that Mike posted on and was asked for more information regarding correct geometry, so maybe he thought it was relevant?

Last edited by GTX MATT; 10/29/13 11:26 AM.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street