Ok, this concludes my attempt at a chronological approach to my story of the event, but there is still plenty to mention! The main narrative really requires me to narrow the focus of my tale, especially towards the end when the details start to get fuzzy 60 days after the fact, so many other anecdotes, and footnotes get pushed to the side.

One of the reasons I took this on last year is because a Moparts member seemed to be bashing the efforts of the Mopar racers who were attempting this event, with comments about how they were bringing up the rear of each class. Rather than confront this directly, I figured if I told the story of what it took to actually tackle this adventure, more people would understand that the numbers on the scoresheet aren't as important as completing it with your fellow competitiors.

That being said, I figured I'd run through the score sheet as far as the Mopars, and Moparts were concerned:

Winner of the Fastest Mopar plaque and third place in Street Race Small Block Normally Aspirated was Mike Crow and his White 69 Dart with it's high rpm W-9/stick combo. Ksj knows more about the particulars than I do, all I can say is it is a pleasure to both the eyes and the ears to watch this thing rip down a racetrack!

Tulsa 10.270-133.07
Ennis 10.100-135.20
Gilliam 10.134-135.33
Memphis 10.155-133.62
Tulsa 10.211-133.62
Final 5 day Av. 10.174-134.16

http://blogs.hotrod.com/hot-rod-drag-wee...l#axzz2Cuv7bXYs

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines