I found myself staring at an alarm clock that clearly had not went off, and it showed 7:10 AM. Didn't seem like the light coming through the window matched what the clock was telling me, so I pulled the curtain back and looked outside. Rain, I turned the alarm off and crawled back under the covers.
Darryl called and woke me up at 8:00, "We've been talking to some guys out here, the rain has stopped, and the track says they will be ready in 30 minutes."
"I guarantee a car won't make it down that drag strip for 2 hours!" I replied angrily.
Oh well, the damage had already been done, I wasn't going to get any more sleep at this point. I hastily grabbed a shower and dressed, Boone followed. Then Dale and Darryl barged into our room and started bring thier bags in.
"What the heck are you doing?" I glared at them.
"Gave our room away", Dale replied.
"What for?"
"Some of the Drag Week guys just rolled in, they had prepaid for rooms, and just wanted thier rooms long enough to catch a wink and a shower, but the management told them they would have to pay for another day because they didn't register in time! So I gave them ours."

I wasn't the only guy with hood problems, here is the result from Sean Fling's mishap on his 63 Ford, earlier in the week!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines