The timeslip, and the sparkplug confirmed what I already knew, we needed a bunch more jet for this air. 11.61 at only 112.9.
Dale started jetting it up while I talked to Darryl, who was already loaded up and ready to roll. "What did you run?"
11.29-118.7, it actually bogged a bit out of the hole, so I could've went up with the tire pressure, this track has teeth!"
"Well, with fourth place only a tenth back, I need a similar improvement to yours to call it good at this track!"

"Fire it up", came the call from Dale. I just plopped over the bar in the seat, started it, and felt a shocking blast of exhaust on my leg. I killed it and looked under the car, those header extensions were in fact, old fashioned, almost weedburner or AAR style turnouts which exited just under the door, they gave the car an exhaust note that can best be decribed in two words, "Deliciously Obnoxious!", and I loved it.
That ole Brian Smith is always full of surprises, like when I asked him to solve a firewall leak issue, and came back to find he had took out the cowl vents, and smoothed that area. or when I asked him to re-radius the rear fenderwells and put lips back where they had been hacked, and he decided to eliminate and smooth the gas cap area as well!

7423009-100_0381-Copy.jpg (157 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines