I'm not pretending I know the answers, sure, it's easy to say, "They must keep the tranny temp down!", but what does it really take to accomplish that? As I said, just getting an automatic to hold that power, at that weight, is an engineering nightmare, then you want to drive it down the road? Wow, just wow, It's a huge challenge!

When I was at SCSN, the hot set-up right now is the Rossler 3 speed in the Pro-Mod cars, and I did see the Aussies talking about trying that route. Rossler made his name building 200M's for Stock and SS use, and he calls this trans the Pro-Mod TH 210, so I'm not sure what it's based on, but I'm assuming every peice is aftermarket. Troy Coughlin was running 5.80's with one and his Crew Chief swore to me it's a low maintenance unit...whatever that means...still doesn't mean it will drive down the road pulling 5000+ lbs without burning up!
BTW, the Aussie Charger, and Turbo Dodge SRT10 were Pro Street PA entries, Same class Eddie Miller won from in 06. I don't think there has EVER been a serious Mopar entry in unlimited.

Another thing that opened my EYES at the Street Car Super Nationals. Watching Jeff Lutz go 6.00-220+ in his Pro-Mod Race Car. Yeah, THAT is the kind of guy who has the knowledge, drive, and wherewithal to average 7.07-209.9 and drive 1400 miles in the process! Larry was there struggling to run 7.20's on 10.5 tires, but I saw no less than 4 different Pro-Mod competitors invite him to the starting line to watch thier cars launch and provide advice/input. That's a tremendous amount of repect being shown by topnotch race teams.

I went to Drag Week and averaged 11.44, my fastest pass ever is in my signature, which by now you are all tired of looking at. Best NA pass with an engine I broke the bank to afford used was 9.26.. I'm not even in the same ZIP CODE with the top guys at Drag Week, and I'm perfectly OK with that.

7475239-IMG_2268.JPG (122 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines