I grabbed one of the motel hand towels, went out in the light mist, and gave the Valiant it's only bath on Drag Week. I noticed quite a few guys seemed to be milling around the area next to our cars and rooms, as I worked on wiping the car down. Before I knew what was going on, Dale walked out with my bags and said, "Where do you want these?"
"Now what are you up to?"
"Just gave your room away too!"
"Nice! What the heck!"
"They were helping the other guys, that's why they were late too, didn't seem right leaving them in a bind!"
I helped Dale load all the bags into the Valiant and went to the lobby and grabbed some breakfast. Dale walked in a few minutes later with an armload of dirty towels, "Need another towel service for our other room this time", Dale smiled and stuck them out towards the counter person. She scowled and gave him fresh ones. He walked by and wispered, "2nd towel exchange in 15 minutes, she knows what we are doing, but she can't say anything about it!"
Rachael came in, fixed herself something and sat down next to me, "Dale gave our room away...Boone borrowed my phone charger last night, and now I'm not gonna get my smart phone fully charged!"
"Those guys worked all night to get here with no sleep".
"We are talking about my phone!"
"I know dear, we'll figure something out."

Below is a pic taken from the tower at Memphis. Here is my summary of what you are looking at. BBR felt really guilty about bailing on Mopars, so he found it necessary to dig up the most pitifull, ugly, patina'd Fox body he could possibly find. I'm sure he has one of those tear jerking "rescue dog" type stories to go with it.."I was walking through a junkyard in Amarillo and this poor thing was 2nd in line for the crusher"... I mean, cheap foxes are everywhere but you really have to dig to find a t-top, 4 eyed 83!!
Then he throws 545 inches of tractor motor in it...notice his hand location...this is one of those cars you stage, hand at 12 o' clock, now crank the wheel to 8 o'clock before the tree comes down, and lock it against your leg, by about 80 feet out you can begin to unwind it if you are back in the groove after it tried to drive you into the wall! Be ready to grab another handfull at the 1-2 shift!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines