I filled up first, then Rachael moved up to my pump. Boone and I were just waiting around, and the others told us to go ahead and go, they would catch up.
Dale and Rachael had been lobbying to stop at Cracker Barrel, and we had vetoed that idea, so my first thought when we drove past it 3 miles later was, "Do you think they just got rid of us to eat where they wanted?"
"Possibly", Boone laughed, "Wouldn't hurt my feelings!"
The road necked down to a tight, shoulderless two lane, and I must say this next 35 mile stretch of AR7 was some of the most breathtaking scenery of the entire trip. We were chasing the purple AAR Cuda which had been spraying and running low 10's so far, and he was right on the butt of the little green Gremlin.
"I thought the Cuda was out?" I added
"Well, it showed his results in blue on the computer, but I think it was a typo, because he's still turning in slips" Boone surmised.
"Did you see that Gold Barracuda in the pits?"
"Yeah, got a picture of it, cool car!"
It never fails at any Drag Week stop, the locals drive thier hot street cars out to the track to hang out and show off..it's like a bonus car show every day!
"The red El-Camino was there too, that's the same guy who was sitting on his tailgate, drinking a beer in front of his house, watching everyone drive by yesterday!"
"Yeah, and that was before we jumped out on 20, so he drove a good way to get here today" Boone mentioned.

7437365-SAM_1706-Copy.JPG (133 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines