Quote:

The question is why did it happen in the first place?

one of 2 reasons I can figure.

A) I remember when I cleaned up the lifters (they were used before) one of them felt funny, sticky after I cleaned them and took them apart. however, after I re-oiled the roller, it felt normal, so I figured it was just a bit sticky from being dry.

maybe there was a bad needle bearing in the roller and it let go once it was subjected to the pressures of an open valve spring, and once that needle bearing failed, it took out the rest of the roller assembly.

or

B) when I re-did the cam timing (headers were glowing red initially, so I checked it and I was at an installed centerline of 116 on a 114 LSA, but turns out the cam SHOULD have been installed at 110 center line per the original cam maker) I might have knocked the side of the roller lifter from the cam lobe next to it, while the cam was sliding in and out of the block as I pulled and re-installed the cam gear several times, removed the stock cam key and installed a 2 degree offset key, etc.

Take your pick, but my money is one one of those 2 reasons right there, although I don't know for sure.

**Photobucket sucks**