Tomorrow I'm going to get some rubber hose and see if I can narrow down the sound. Any of you heard anything like this?

first, no, it's NOT an accessory belt/pulley issue. I removed the belt and the sound was unchanged. I hooked the belt back up to circulate water with the pump after trying it without a belt.

Details are: stock 5.9L block, stock cast crank, new rods, new pistons, everything balanced together, edelbrock heads, and 1.6 adjustable roller rockers from Hughes. cam is 220/230 @ .050 114 LSA, hardened pushrods.

I didn't notice the sound initially, had some isues on first fire-up with the headers getting hot and starting to glow faintly, looked at cam timing and found it was 6 degrees retarded (never again will I just line up the dots!!!) advanced it with a different timing set and 2 degree key so it's now at 110installed centerline the way the cam card says it should have been originally.

noticed the sound after I got the rockers re-set and started the engine back up.

pulled the distributor out and spun it around, it feels fine, smooth, no squeeks when spun by hand. pulled oil pump drive shaft and it looks normal, wear marks are dead center on the teeth of the gear, and the bronze bushing in the block looks ok, so I don't think thats worn and causing mis-alignment issues.

tomorrow I'll pull the crank position sensor and check it just to be sure it hasn't moved and is rubbing on the flexplate, maybe kill a cylinder at a time and remove intake/exhaust to see if it goes away with any one cylinder, run a compression test, leak down test, and see where I'm at.

if I can't find anything, I'll probably be pulling the intake for a visual inspection, and probably take the timing cover back off again.

any ideas on what this sound might be? aside from the roller cam and rocker arms, the internals to this engine are the same as all the other LA small blocks out there.

http://youtu.be/oYVDffxuduk

**Photobucket sucks**