man, thought I found it...but didn't.

passenger side header, the flange around the collector is up against the frame. hard.

loosened the header, slipped cardboard in there, fired it up. no noise.

wanted to duplicate the problem before calling it good.

loosened header again, removed cardboard, fired it up, and the chirping came back.

ok, so far so good...but paid close attention to that spot, and it really didn't sound like it was coming from there.

loosened header, slipped cardboard back in, and...chirping is still there.

all I proved with this, is that the noise is not there on cold fire up, but comes back when the engine gets some heat into it.

tried to kill a cylinder at a time with the plug out and one valve "in-op" by remving rocker and pushrod, but all that did was spray oil mist everhwere as the piston came up on every stroke.

might try again leaving the plug in this time, my only concern was pushing all that compression down past the rings without the exhaust vavle opening to bleed it off...maybe that's not actually going to happen, and it's no different than the normal compression stroke? (injector unhooked so it's not spraying fuel or firing at all)

used a rubber hose and listened EVERYWHERE I could stick that damn thing, and all I could hear through that was the "ocean sound" from sea-shells, and the faint "tippity-tappity" of the engine turning over. could not pick up a squeek through the hose from anywhere.

I'm trying to avoid pulling the intake, and I'd love to find the source of the sound before I pull stuff off/apart, but I'm running out of ideas here.

**Photobucket sucks**