Quote:

a12rag, why is the idea of adding a return fuel line such a big deal to you? I mean if it is, I don't think plumbing in fuel injectors and wiring the whole thing together is something you want to do. Adding a return fuel line is the least of my concerns with going to efi.

Sounds to me like you'd be happier with a themoquad. I ran one for many years and daily drove the car and it performed well. The trick is to start with a pre-smogger thermoquad instead of one with all the emissions jetting and ports.

No big deal to add return fuel line, however, was just saying that with modern technology, and no need for it, then why not ??? The car is a California Emmissions with vent line running back to the tank. So return line is no real issue.

I love my TQ and don't have any issues using one, but just thinking forward (like upgrading am radio to hidden stereo, or drum brakes to disc, etc). . . Calgary is 3,500ft up and heading down from here I do know the altitude does affect the carb cars - usually never been enough to make me want to have EFI . . . but if there is something better, then why not move forward with the times ??? I know it is much more expensive to start with, but over the long run, it is something that will pay for itself (certainly with lots of miles put on) . . .

Just thought I would see what everyone else's thoughts were on this kinda thing . . . appreciate everyone's input !

Cheers,

Mark