Quote:

My daughter daily drives a truck with a carburetor. People act like carbs are voodoo magic nowadays...funny how things change because that's how FI used to be viewed.

Carbs aren't magic at all... Carbs are a semi controlled fuel leak... Carbs are great as long as the person driving the vehicle understands it's a carb & not fuel injection.... Back in the eighties & early nineties I'd get people in the shop with a carb complaining, they drive a fuel injected vehicle 75% or the time but this old truck needs to work... "Well on a cool morning leaving the ranch, at the second stoplight making a left the ol' truck wants to die... She'll start right up & she's fine after that but..." Yeah, Right... So if I add a bit of tension to the choke to help it through that lean area it will be to fat & I'll hear about that too....

Or the "I took the car up to Tahoe this weekend & it didn't run very well... " No [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]? We live at sea level & you took a carbed vehicle up to 7000 ft & it didn't run the same.. What a revelation...

So Yeah if you understand a carbs limits & your OK with that than no problem & I realize the OP would, but my point being EFI when it's right does take care of allot of things a carb can't deal with....

"The Armies of our ancestors were lucky, in that they were not trailed by a second army of pencil pushers."