Quote:

quote]
Quote:

Wow, I came across this thread. You are doing a great job. The car is looking super. My question is what do you do for a living? If you are not a welder, bodyman, or chassis builder, again Wow, hats off to you.Keep the pictures coming. You are doing exactly what I would love to do to my car.

Thanks very much. I am not a welder or chassis man by trade. I am not even involved with automobiles for work. It just helps that I try to spend almost every waking minute learning and reading about building cars. It is just a love. I never attempted anything like this (at this level). I can tell you that you can do it if you really want to. You just go as slow as you need and measure eveything 3 times to make sure it all goes right. I have been making mistakes, but I just correct and adjust my plans as I go.

It does help that I do have some experience with body and paint work on the side. But that does nothing for me with welding and chassiswork building.

What car would you like to do and how far would you like to go. Some details would be great.

Greg.

Greg, my car is a 70 Cuda. It has been raced since the late 70s but I have owned it since 86. The previous owner had cut the rear fenders and flared them a bit to fit tires.It is not that extreme but I really want to make it right someday. I wish I had some pictures of the old school roll bar it had in it. I put a cage and coil overs in the rear around 2003.Maybe seeing your work will inspire me. Also where abouts in NY are you? Ever go to LVD in the eastern part? Keep up the great work.[

I love the Cuda also...that would be a real cool car to do up. This is the place to learn alot. I certainly have and will continue to. These guys on here a true builders, racers, and enthusiasts.

I am on Long Island. Where is LVD?

1.50 60Ft. , 10.75@ 127MPH Hauling 3900 LBS.