Hey guys,

Well I am getting close to installing the back half kit. It is arriving tomorrow and I am finishing up the repair and reinforcement of the rocker area. This is after cutting the back of the car off and removing the rusted and damaged rocker area.

Now, a few more questions. I went with the Chris Alston ChassisWorks Eliminator II 4 link setup. When I looked at the specs, I was surprised to see that it is designed to set the rockers at 6" off the ground. Is this correct?? It just seems so low and the front of the car at the rockers is about 8" with the drag torsion bars . I have them cranked up pretty high for some built in stored energy and the front control arm (lower) are still just touching the bump stops. I can't really set the front any lower.

At 6 " up front, the header pipes would almost be scraping the floor.

So the first question again is : is this right based on your experience with this particular kit?

If this is not right and potentially a problem, I was thinking of cutting the front section of framerail at the downleg of the rail 2 ", which would raise the car height 2" , giving me rockers at 8". If I do this, I know the 4 link brackets would hang down 2 " lower, and I would reinforce the front area of the brackets back into the frame connector area , and get shock/spring height 2" longer to make up for the height change. This would leave the bracket geometry the same as before and just be lifting the car up 2".

Is this correct and do you see any problems with this?

Thanks for any input,
Greg.

1.50 60Ft. , 10.75@ 127MPH Hauling 3900 LBS.