Quote:

I personally would rather have the gas and the chiller any day, as fool with the aggravation of the alky, but thats just me.

Monte I know of your dislike for alky and that is fine but please tell me what aggravations you speak of??

I have run both fuels and will tell you from a "bracket" racer standpoint alky is hard to beat. When I ran gas in my TS car it was 2-3 times the work, tow up, tow back, extra cooling and charging of both the car and golf cart, etc.

I have been called back for a final round before I even got out of my car after a semi . Put alky in a drive back up for the final. That ain't gonna happen on gas...

I feel there is a lot of bad info flying around the www about alky that is just not true. Like extra maintenance required?? Nothing extra for me, leave fuel system full and change oil 25-30 passes, same as gas.

The ONLY real difference I've ever seen is hard starting when it is really cold, once or twice a year around here. And a squirt of gasoline thru the carb usually solves the problem for initial fire up.

As for the chiller, that is also a lot of work. I ran one on my prostock snowmobile. Bilge pump mounted in cooler full of ice water with hydraulic quick disconnects. Is that what you use??

Gains alky vs. gas not sure who you were referring to but I did give some real world examples.
On MOST combos carb vs. carb will net .1-.2.
Carb vs. Injection as much as .3.
That is a nice gain for sure but I'll stick with my Rupert dominator for it's consistancy and fuel consumption. Won the first night out with it also!!