Quote:

I paid $305 for a drum of M-5. That price will vary around the country. I got a price in the Dallas area for $275. People who run M-5 say its good for about .1-.15 over regular methanol. M-5 contains Nitro parrafin. The M-5s little pricey for me to run on a regular basis. The last drum of Methanol I bought here was about $150/drum. I paid $200 in Vegas.I know some racers who run some reclaimed methanol from the oil field who say its ok I think they paid around $110/drum. I'm leary of the reclaimed stuff.I'm certainly no alky expert though.

@ $305 a drum that's only $5.65 a gallon... Granted you will use almost 2X as much per pass as gas, but still even if during extended warm up etc you do use 2X as much, you are only into it less than $12 compared to same amount of gasoline, which for good stuff can range anywhere from $12-$18 a gallon or more. I'm paying Just over $12 a gallon for C16, Q16 by the drum around here is around $14.80 a gallon... C25 $15/gallon.... Sunoco 116 around $14/gallon... so The M5 even @ it's higher cost & double useage, would still be cheaper than a high octane race gas in the end.

I thought about putting my Turbo motor on straight meth, but decided since I do want to drive it on street some, my cell just is'nt big enough...