Quote:

Quote:

Not really other than if you did a Toilet/injection, the intake work is not as critical.... if you do carb Meth it "should" actually like the new intake even more...

Cam wise... it will still pick up about same no matter what the fuel, that's just a matter of ramp speed & some more duration. That's gonna help no matter what.

To be honest I think if you did injection with M5 on a 420 intake & lose 100 lbs you'll be where you need to be, without screwing with cam, so you could limit all your changes to external of motor. The added TQ the meth will put in will also really help cover up that glide lacking gear in the first 1/2 track.

Every dyno test I have ever done on Carbureted gas VS Carb meth, they always pick up 20-25 Ft lbs across board & usually about 20 HP. & I'm not using junk gas carbs to test against... it's just realistic gain to be expected if both carbs are good. I have not tested Gas VS injected methanol, (since it's a difficult thing to switch & test quickly) but everyone claims the TQ increase is even greater....

I might think about doing the cam as well since it is a fairly small cost and I will be into the engine anyway. Still giving some thought to sending the engine to you to put on the dyno for before/after pulls.

I'm all into cam regrinds, trust me, but I just remember looking @ valve relief depth on the spec sheet the other day.... I'd love to regrind cam too but... I really don't think you're gonna have room without fly cutting pistons.

I believe CP picked the depth on those reliefs based off of the free drop of the valves in the heads & the existing cam specs... now days I dictate the relief depths on Diamonds & usually make them overly generous for issues like this in future, but CP likes to run the piston to valve tight & go off of all known specs. Tighter piston to valve makes hair more power, & it allows you not to have so much dome if you don't have that extra relief depth volume to make up for.... So their are reasons they chose those relief depths but.... it's not gonna help when we want to put 8 degrees more ramp speed in it.

As long as you're kosher with cutting the pistons as well, then can do the cam grind.