Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

and also need to know what to do with all of this compression if I make the switch.

? What do you mean?

Just thought I was on the high side for going alky?

It's a high static #, but with wide LSA & alot of duration, I'm sure the cranking pressure & dynamic is'nt that radical.

Methanol is unusual stuff from my limited research on it, it has a really high RON # like in the low 130's, but a low MON # in low 100's. I just know alot of turbo cars especially 4 cyl stuff with really high boost (30+) are going to it. & if it lives in those apps, it will be more than fine in yours.

I'd start out on cheap M1 VP & then try their new M5 stuff... I talked to one guy @ track last fall who was running the M5 in his BB GM Dragster & was real happy with it. I've never tried it, but if I was running meth I certainly would. I'm injecting M1 into my turbo motor, M5 is not recommended for pre-compressor due to it's increased volitility...

This is good to know Ryan. With the thought of changing to alky, does this change much of what we talked about doing to the engine last week?

Not really other than if you did a Toilet/injection, the intake work is not as critical.... if you do carb Meth it "should" actually like the new intake even more...

Cam wise... it will still pick up about same no matter what the fuel, that's just a matter of ramp speed & some more duration. That's gonna help no matter what.

To be honest I think if you did injection with M5 on a 420 intake & lose 100 lbs you'll be where you need to be, without screwing with cam, so you could limit all your changes to external of motor. The added TQ the meth will put in will also really help cover up that glide lacking gear in the first 1/2 track.

Every dyno test I have ever done on Carbureted gas VS Carb meth, they always pick up 20-25 Ft lbs across board & usually about 20 HP. & I'm not using junk gas carbs to test against... it's just realistic gain to be expected if both carbs are good. I have not tested Gas VS injected methanol, (since it's a difficult thing to switch & test quickly) but everyone claims the TQ increase is even greater....