Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

and here's an "over the counter" '69 440 HP (2) engine, unstamped with the Bridgeport milling marks and it appears they missed the front edge of the pad during that milling.....the engine assembly date/code pad is stamped E440 3 28 HP 2 with a upside down "C" and a sideways "B"

MikeR

Is it just me or do I see numbers stamped in the cast iron above the pad on this block also?

Jack, that's my block and I've never seen anything that looked like a stamping there but maybe I didn't look closely enough??? I'll look again when I get a chance. This engine was supposedly in an Excalibur kit car like this one (not the car or engine) back in '69 and purchased over the counter from a Chrysler dealer's parts department. It was a complete engine and was stamped with an assembly date and type of engine E440 HP. A very strange tag is nail riveted to the bellhousing area with HP 440 on it. I can't get to the engine right now but now I have to go look at that area again more closely. Anyway the milling marks were all that I was trying to point out that should be there stamper or not stamped.

MikeR

Wow that is one of 44 of those built in 69. Wonder what happened to it after the 440 was robbed out of it.

67 charger