Quote:

Would a block with the assy date stamped on the upper pad (ie: F440 HP 12 01), but with no stamp (ie:blank) on the bottom pad be a block from the parts dept(over the counter purchase), not warranty replacment?
Thanks Jimmy!

That's the way an engine that I have is and I'm trying to see if the guy that bought it back in '69 still has a bill of sale or info on how that came about. The Engine Assembly Date (EAD) the type (HP etc.) the test and fitment tollerences I would think would be put on the pad or how else would Chrysler know what was assembled? What happened to engines that were built and the car order was canceled? Did the engine plant ever produce engines before there was an order for a car for it to go in? I would think there had to be some "cushion" with engine building that if there was a defect or engine that needed torn apart for repair at the test stage that they had better have a ready to go identical engine for replacement quickly? Those engines could also be sold "over the counter" if not needed......

MikeR