Originally Posted By Nick Stevanovski
Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
Just like the OLD days.. change over to the slicks
once you get to the track then change back when
your done.. back then we had the tool box and the
slicks
wave

That's what I was thinking, but where would I put them? They definitely wouldn't fit in the trunk lol.

You could get yourself some Hoosier Quicktime Pro D.O.T. bias ply slicks and you don't want to change tires at the track. That's what I used to use before I switched to drag radials.

IMHO you are overthinking the operating range of the cam/worrying about how much you will have to slip the clutch to get going. You need to keep in mind how much torque even a stock 440 has.

Do you have a particular ET you are wanting to run at the strip? That's probably why people are asking how you came up with your 550 hp goal.

A stock stroke 440 with almost any of the available stock iron cylinder heads with a mild performance hydraulic cam can get a B-Body into the mid 12s. A true mid 12 second 400+ hp old car is enough to be scary on the street and fun at the track.

I see a lot of Mopars at cruise nights and local shows with stroker crankshafts and aluminum heads that on paper should be good for 600-700 hp that I never ever see running at our local 1/8 mile track.