Originally Posted By Greentween
Hey bee1971, what was outcome with your seal and retainer?

I was doing same, and bought Mancini retainer kit with the 4 o-ring side seals. Dry fitting it I checked the gap between retainer o-rings and block. The o-rings dont even touch the block. .003" feeler gauge slides in between without any drag. The o-ring grooves seem too deep to me.

I think I will try directions as per post above - to fill the side seal with RTV. I don't know if I can fill that small o-ring groove all way toward cam from the bottom.

Also, Doing this with engine in the car,I don't see anyway to RTV the retainer once it is assembled. Maybe need to slide the trans back??

Orange/Brown Fel Pro Viton Seal

Permatex Black Rtv down the sides of those O-rings
Still used the O-rings , but also black rtv

Yes on those O-rings - The design or concept looks great but the O-ring itself needs to change , as in a little wider/thicker better material - I couldn't come up with anything else to use but they just don't fit properly in those grooves , way to loose ?

I knew where the retainer needed to bee seated/fitted prior to the installation as the marks where still there from when I mocked it up before the crank got dropped in

Seal halves at 6 - 12

Anyways its definitely not a seal issue , but rather those side O-rings and there fit seems to bee the culprit

So far so good

Last edited by bee1971; 06/16/18 10:25 AM.

1971 Dodge Charger Superbee
2011 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab Deep Water Blue Loaded
Siberian Huskies