Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Originally Posted By moparx
when the seal ends are at 6 & 12, and the retainer cap fits correctly dry, tighten the retainer bolts then fill side cavities with rtv. correct ?
beer
When "dry fitting" everything, you will be able to "feel" as well as see when it fits right, with no influence on the seal. Like I said, you will probably have to drill the retainer holes bigger, but that doesn't matter. Once the dry fit is good, the retainer will continually return to the "right" place when you drop it in. So for final install, put a little RTV on the bottom and you can also fill the side channels as well..........then drop it in, bolt it down.

I am actually surprised this seems to be a "new" method for so many. This has been such a problem for BBM over the years, I just assumed everybody knew this already..........LOL!!!

Seems every builder knows you rotate the seal ends on Chevy's and don't glue them in. I just applied the same theory to the Mopar and assumed everyone else did the same.......

Not trying to beat a dead horse but....Just so I'm clear, you don't use the side seals at all with this method? Only RTV?

And by the way Thank You to All for this post it is very timely for me.