Originally Posted By onig
Glad to hear you got this fixed. I am now breathing a sigh of relief for you and all your frustrations that you went through. So the seal is installed 90* from normal?
When I started reading this thread and all the work that you went through, in, out, tear down, put back together, dyno again etc... to fix that leak, my thoughts were "this guy cares and goes the extra mile for his customers". Just curious now, who bit the bullet on this one, you, customer, or both. I am 4 hours away from you and am seriously considering using you for my machine work on the gen 3 hemi that is going to start sooner or later, just because of your work ethic and meticulous detail.

Thankyou Onig,

Thankyou so much. I do care. I cannot just give up without knowing the answer. I will share that when I dyno'd it this last Wed and it leaked, I texted the customer right away. He texted back--"What's next?" I responded with "A 20 foot tree limb and a 10 foot rope". There were some dark moments to be sure.

To answer your question: The customer ate it in terms of some parts, and time and anguish. I ate it in the same fashion. I cannot charge someone that has entrusted me because of my expertise in a given area and I fail to deliver. This was in NO way shape or form the customers fault. I am just glad to have solved the problem. 12 pan gaskets, 3 intake valley pan gaskets, 1 set of rings and 7 rear main seals later..

Lucky for you member MattW here and I are about to embark on G3 HEMI development. Thanks J.Rob

2009 PHR\EMC Competitor
2010 PHR\EMC Competitor
2011 PHR\EMC Competitor
2012 PHR\EMC Competitor
2013 PHR\EMC Competitor
2014 HotRod/EMC Competitor
2015 HotRod/EMC NoShow
2016 HotRod/EMC 3rd place SPEC Bigblock
2018 HotRod/EMC 7th place G3