Originally Posted By RapidRobert
I'm wondering if the mts had a slightly different thickness & changed the ujoint angles a bit or if they are just stiffer. the noise got worse with the gear change so that would point me there but what confuses things a bit is the shaft balancing helped. I would check the angles & confirm that the front yoke moves smoothly by hand back & forth in both planes & the rear ujoint is smooth in its one plane. too many changes at the same time does complicate diagnosing. Keep us updated on any info (we'll get it)

Yes, the motor mounts do make me wonder, as they were done before the trans and gear swap when the car was a 904 with 3.21s. The trans swap came about a month after and the gear swap about a month ago.

I think the ujoints and balancing helped, mainly because the front joint was so utterly shot after 6 years of service since the last balance job and new ujoints.

The car sits on Mancini XHD +1 springs, with lowering blocks to bring rear down closer to level with the front.

2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab: 5.7, 65RFE, 4.56 gears with locker, Hemifever tuned, AFE intake, 87mm throttle body, JBA headers, 3" Flowmaster exhaust, split to dual 2.5" exits. 13.57 best ET so far.

Searching for new A or B Body Project!