Originally Posted By skicker

The point your at I would think the housing end is probably damaged possibly beyond being able to be reused. Cut the end off the axle and save the backing plate and hardware then cut the housing so the axle will come out to get the pig out. Another 65 housing and a pair of axles...assemble and you should be good to go... shruggy

If it was me I would cut your housing right behind the backing plate where the tube ends to get the axle out and maybe someone else could then use it for a narrowed rear... twocents

Yep, that was my thinking, drop the whole thing minus the brake lines. Get the axle out and the pig. Then stuff it all back in a cleaned up 8-3/4 housing from a salvage yard. Thanks for confirming it's one of the ways I can take this forward. I have a good cutting saw I can use.

My hunch is the cut housing won't be worth much around here. Our area has at least 3 salvage yards well stocked with '60s Mopars, so I'll see what they have for 8-3/4 housings and I'll measure the length before I commit.

Cheers,
- Art

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle