LOL and @(&*$(&%$!! - I've got some good old Mopar yards around me and I always enjoy an excuse to visit them..

But really - I've about had enough - this is getting uglier by the hour... trying to get the passenger side out just isn't working at !&^%$@#$ all..

First off, I don't have the axle puller tool recommended in the FSM..

...but I 've tried the following alternatives..

- I used PB Blaster, got the adjuster ring loose and tapped it CCW until it backs up tight against the flange end of the axle which helps put an "outward" force on the axle. Tapped the axle outwards. Not happening.
- I put the brake drum on backwards and used a dead blow hammer on the back side of the drum to hammer the axle out. Nothing.
- I rented a slide hammer from PepBoys, attached it to the flange and then heated the axle housing up with a blowtorch... and slide hammered like crazy... No dice.

It's not budging. !I#^&$%#*&^%@*^$%@*&^$#C$

Next up I'm going to wrap a heavy chain around the axle flange and get a heavier slide hammer...

What's my nuclear option?

- Do I take the whole axle and diff out, and take it to a machine shop to have the axle and bearing race pulled out?
- Do I assume someone had the same problem, couldn't get the axle out, left the old bearing in and just adjusted it down as tight as possible and put a new bearing in the driver's side?
- I'll post some pics in a sec..

Cheers,
- Art

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle